Owners of commercial properties are responsible for ensuring safe conditions for their patrons — both inside and outside the premises.
Unattended and neglected hazards at offices, retails stores, malls, parking lots, medical centers, hotels, industrial sites, warehouses and garages can create unsafe conditions for customers, employees, tenants or guests. Property owners are at fault when they neglect to follow OSHA safety regulations and ignore hazards that can lead to catastrophic injuries, including those to the head, neck, back or spinal cord.
Commercial property owners may be at fault for the following:
- Poor security leading to robberies and assaults
- Wet floors or spills that are not roped off or noted by properly placed caution signs
- Obstructions left in hallways or aisles that lead to injuries
- Broken or loose railings on balconies that lead to falls resulting in serious injuries or death
- Carelessly piled boxes or other obstructions that can fall on patrons or employees and cause injury
- Uneven sidewalks
Injury impacts your way of life. If you are temporarily out of work with no income, or you are suffering chronic pain,DeJean & Noland Law Office is prepared to help you recover damages. Medical expenses and lost wages are not your responsibility if you are injured due to someone else’s negligence.
We focus on building strong premise liability claims on behalf of Louisiana residents. Our team of liability experts will perform a thorough investigation that includes:
- Visiting the scene of the accident
- Interviewing witnesses
- Interviewing on-site employees
- Researching possible prior complaints and injuries
While accident victims may initially feel embarrassed and blame themselves, an experienced attorney can uncover hidden hazards that reveal negligence. Our team will put together an effective claim that will give you peace of mind and help you focus on your recovery.